Monday, January 18, 2010

Jay Reatard : a brief thank you from Spoon, a photo from his last show, etc...

The intro snippet from Spoon is from the New Year's Eve show that, sadly, was Jay Reatard's last. The photo following it is the only decent photo I got from that show.

I put in a picture from when he played Aragon Ballroom with the Pixies last November, just to show you how many people were watching him (whether they cared or not.) Aside from getting this Spoon clip and photo of his last performance out in the open, I'm still very bothered by his passing, so I put a little more something together.

The last clip is from the Empty Bottle show w/ Nobunny, Hunx and his Punx, and Box Elders. The sound quality is just too good to not have up on the internet for you all to enjoy. The songs are Trapped Here and Greed, Money, Useless Children.

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to me about the first video. I didn't think it would mean so much to people and make so many people happy. I'm really, truly grateful that you all enjoyed it so much. I know some of you are just kind of blindly hunting around for footage, interviews, and anything you can find to try to make things a little better. This is all I can really offer. This particular night was ridiculously rowdy. Goner Records showcase of sorts, you could tell everyone was just there to have a sweaty good time. I have a ton of mediocre sound quality videos. Let me know if you want me to put them up on the tube. Enjoy.


No comments: