Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Watch : SHINER reunite at Bottom Lounge.

SHINER - Reunion : Bottom Lounge. from GONZO CHICAGO on Vimeo.

Shiner.  Uttering the name can bring a sparkle to eyes of even the most jaded old music fan.  Often times, it's followed by a conversation about how they were the best band too few seemed to notice in their prime.  Their final two reunions shows were held in Chicago.  In a flurry of reunions as of late, this one stuck hard.  The most hard-to-impress folks I know were raving about it.  It really was something to behold.  I was lucky enough to be back-stage as they went on and finished night two.  I hugged a very sweaty Gerkin, caring not for myself getting drenched in the process, and told him it meant a lot to finally see them play those songs.  It really did.  Finish this joke for us : I haven't seen that many old dudes freaking out since...

No comments: