Sunday, January 30, 2011

New and old. Tapes 'n Tapes covered Wilco's "A Shot in the Arm"

A live, live review, if you will. Lincoln Hall is having a good year. It's still January. How's about a Tapes n' Tapes montage? I'd ask you what's wrong with me, when I realized I hadn't listened to the new album, "Outside", in it's entirety. Really though, I left wondering what's wrong with people for not liking these songs! I ate up the new stuff on their Myspace, some of which I had heard a little before, aside from the long-time live staple "Hidee Hoo", which I've witnessed likely more than ten times, and headed to Lincoln Hall.

Tapes n' Tapes have always been good live. Jeremy Hanson started knocking people over the head with his drumming. They played those new songs. A bunch of them. They sounded great! They ripped on the Packers! (who deserve to be there. suck it, Chicago.), cover Wilco! ... and make both girls and dudes scream lyrics like young kids at a Miley Cyrus concert!

Proof :

No comments: