Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the pAper chAse - When (and if) the Big One Hits, I'll Just Meet You There....

I have been a fan of the Paper Chase since the year 2000, when I was sitting in my brothers car, and noticed an odd looking cd, which turned out to be "Young Bodies Heal Quickly, You Know". I was 15. I asked him what it was, and he said "Oh, you're not ready for that yet." Being into pop punk and punk rock primarily, at the time, I thought "fuck you!" , and stole it from him.

It was the best decision of my life, musically.

Since that year, The Paper Chase have been turning out consistently great records, including a DOUBLE record, part of which is out.

I've seen them many times, and every time there has been hearts on the floor, with Congleton, Weaver and co. eventually converting everyone in the room The twisting and turning of Congleton, the lumbering frantic bass making you back away just a little bit as to not get hit in the face by this fellow. Don't worry though, they know what they're doing. Go see them live. Grab a beer, and get ready.

This particular clip is from when they played the Empty Bottle in 2009. I drove to Milwaukee the night before, and obviously had to catch them in my hometown. I have a ridiculous video of "Go Fishing" that i'll throw up a little later (from the beat kitchen show, I know there's other footage from that show out there!) but here's a song that i've never heard live before this time, from their first LP.

Enjoy.

No comments: